Saturday, June 23, 2007

Please take a moment...

The blogging world seems to me like a very close knit community and there could not be a better example of that than how everyone has come together to help a fellow blogger in the face of an unspeakable tragedy. NYC Watchdog lost his small son in an accident and in order to help the family out, two of my fellow bloggers have created a way for us to donate to the family.

As a parent, my heart aches for this man that I did not know. I was only recently introduced to his blog, but that didn't stop me from trying to help out in my own small way.

Please do me a favor and go to Avitable's blog where you can make a donation as small as $5 to help out. Please note that the family did not ask for anything, but it is our way of helping out a great person in our community.

I will NEVER ask you for anything for myself, but 100% of your donations will go directly to New York City Watchdog and his family. Even if you just stop by his site and leave your thoughts, prayers, or well wishes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would like to thank Avitable and Amy for creating the download banners that you receive with each $5 donation and allowing us to feel like we are helping in some way.



Thank you so very much,

ADW

3 comments:

Avitable said...

Thank you for posting this. All of this showing of support may offer some small comfort to him at some point in his grieving process.

Tug said...

Isn't it just amazing to see what can be done $5 (or more) at a time? Very heartwarming...for such a sad, sad time.

Jenny! said...

That is so sad, there a so many great people out there to help...even onese you have never met!